Things To Do
How To Edit
Peter Brusilovsky carried out two reviews of AdaptiveHypertext research, the first in 1996 and the second in 2001.
- 1996 Methods and techniques of adaptive hypermedia 
- 2001 Adaptive Hypermedia 
The meteoric rise of the WorldWideWeb has a clear effect on AdaptiveHypertext research between the publication of each review.
Brusilovsky uses 4 dimensions of classification to classify adaptive hypermedia methods and techniques:
- AdaptiveHypertextApplicationAreas - where can adaptive hypermedia systems be helpful?
- WhatToAdaptTo - what features of the user are used as a source of the adaptation?
- WhatCanBeAdapted - what features of the system can be different for different users?
- HowAdaptationCanHelp - what user problems can be solved?
Brusilovsky also provides a useful introduction to UserModellingInAdaptiveHypermedia