Things To Do
How To Edit
Knowledge management (KM) is an emergent management paradigm and business movement seeking to leverage innovation, decision making and learning. This page serves as a quick guide to major resources & current issues.
Join us in a KmDiscussion
- KM Wiki  - a meta collection of links and commentary
- Km Intro  - a gentle introduction with links to tutorials
- KM Forums  - a list of KM watering holes
- KM Sources  - a guide to static KM web pages
KM issues & concerns
- 5 short term & long term issues for knowledge leaders 
What do we need to know and do to make KM work & happen?
- Understanding knowledge: What it means, how to work with it, who owns it, how it flows, finding who knows.
- Supporting knowledge: Making sharing and knowledge creation happen, applying new & useful knowledge level practices, developing & appreciating symptoms and diagnostics. Walking on a different (higher?)landscape.
- Scaling knowledge: Moving from individual insights, to group validation, to enterprize meaning, and then beyond. Overcoming the 'stickiness' at community level and the 'slipperiness' associated with professional / domain interactions.
- Speeding cultural changes: Knowledge is closely tied to people and identity, changing mindsets is more than altering process and habits. Making sure we 'listen' and empathize with discontinuous insights, killing NIH.
- (Learning how to) transfer learning: Making & taking new concepts to action, thinking together, collaborating and delivering to a market that will not wait. Retention, actionalization and embedding not just access & experience.
Currently under construction. Please help --DenhamGrey