Things To Do
How To Edit
Dave Winer proposes two rules about integrity in public writing :
- Disclose all pertinent information about your interests.
- Never state as fact something you know not to be true.
Rebecca Blood's six rules of Weblog Ethics, from TheWeblogHandbook, pp. 117-121:
- Publish as fact only that which you believe to be true.
- If material exists online, link to it when you reference it.
- Publicly correct any misinformation.
- Write each entry as if it could not be changed; add to, but do not delete or rewrite, any entry.
- Disclose any conflict of interest.
- Note questionable or biased sources.